After vomiting, throwing up, your throat begins to burn. This is extremely annoying. So how to make throat stop burning after throwing up.
Some simple methods
After throwing up, you should drink water. Your throat burns may be caused by acid in your stomach. So drinking water will soothe it. At the same time, you will not worry about being dehydrated.
- You should drink slowly and slowly. Take a small sip. Because after throwing up, your stomach is very weak. If you drink too much water at one time, your stomach may not work well. It can cause vomiting again.
- You can use some other kind of water like apple juice
You can use warm water if water is not effective in this case. You can use tea at this time. But do not forget to ask your doctor about the teas you can use. Because each type of tea can be appropriate or not suitable in different circumstances.
- For example, if you want to make throat stop burning after throwing up, you can use peppermint tea or ginger tea. These are two good teas in helping you feel better after vomiting. But you have to pay attention: these two types of tea should not be used for children. Not only that, you can also use honey, honey is also very good in this case. But remember, honey can cause poisoning for children under the age of one.
- You should use warm water, do not use hot water. And similar to using water, you should take a sip
Use salt water
It is a great way to make throat stop burning after throwing up. Make a mixture of 240ml of warm water and 5g of salt. Then use it as a mouthwash. Absolutely do not drink this mixture. It will make you more upset.
Use soft food
You threw up, your stomach has nothing, you hungry but your throat is burning? Soft foods will help you in this case.
At this point, you can eat bananas, jello, soups … soft foods, easy to chew and easy to swallow.
- Try to eat slowly, and eat less. Because after you throw up, your stomach is still weak. If it must continue to work a lot, you can throw up again.
- Do not use hard foods such as snacks, cereals, cakes or rice. Because it can hurt your esophagus
- If you think cream or yogurt or dairy products are good for you now. You are suffering from a serious mistake. You should not use these products in this case. The use of these products will make your stomach work harder. Maybe it will make you uncomfortable, you will continue to throw up, and your throat continues to burn.
Use some medicines
Use of painkillers
If your throat is burned, it hurts too much. You can use some over-the-counter pain relievers.
You can take aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen. But remember, these medications may continue to cause nausea. If you still want to throw up, you should not use this way.
Use a throat spray
This is a good way to throat stop burning after throwing up. You can buy it at the pharmacy without a doctor’s prescription.
You just have to follow the instructions in the medicine box, your throat burning will decrease. But this is just a temporary way. It does not help you cure it.
Use natural remedies
First, consult a doctor. Just like using tea, the use of natural remedies is safe, but it is not in all cases.
Because sometimes, the use of natural methods will influence some of the diseases you have had before.
Or maybe the type of method you use is not suitable for children, women and the elderly.
Therefore, you should always consult your doctor in case you want to throat stop burning after throwing up by natural remedies. licorice root and marshmallow root are two natural roots that can help you in this case.
Many people think that stopping the throat burning after throwing is simple, and they will not seek the advice of a doctor.
But in some cases below, you should seek medical advice and assistance for maximum support.
For example, You threw up more than 3 times in a day; You have a head injury before you start throwing up; Blood while throwing up;…These are just a few examples of cases where you should see a doctor.
See your doctor right away when you feel thrown and throat burned abnormally.