We live in a world where stress and anxiety have become our best friends. Competition everywhere is all around us, no matter which age group, or gender you belong to, everybody gets tensed at times. Due to stress and anxiety, we often get addicted to bad habits and start eating bad food. Consequently, most of us become the victim of various types of diseases. Out of these, heart ailments are one of the most common.
Since heart diseases can be fatal, it is indeed very necessary for you take care of your heart. These heart diseases are also known as cardiovascular diseases, but there is a significant difference between the two. Basically, heart disease is an umbrella term that covers all sorts of heart-related disease, while cardiovascular disease mainly indicates the conditions that include blocked or narrowed vessels that may result to a stroke, chest pain, or a heart attack.
What is a heart disease and what are its types?
A heart disease is a basically a range of factors or conditions that affect your heart. There are various types of heart diseases related to various parts of the heart and the circulatory system. These diseases are congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, and heart rhythm problems. One of the major heart-related problems is that of high blood pressure or hypertension. You can find out the 10 healthy habits to control high blood pressure here.
Although these diseases can be fatal they can be cured and prevented if you follow a healthy lifestyle.
How to keep your heart healthy?
No doubt, you cure heart diseases with the help of proper treatment and surgery but it is even better to keep them at bay and avoid the trauma. This will take some rigid efforts, but trust me you will leave a healthy and happy life. Little changes in your lifestyle could bring amazing results for you.Here are some of these-
- First and the foremost thing that you need to do is quit smoking as soon as possible. Smoking is one of the worst habits that accounts to various heart diseases, hence you would have to quit smoking.
- You need to control your blood pressure. High blood pressure can bring critical consequences like stroke, heart failure, and even brain hemorrhage.
- Keep a check on your cholesterol level. Avoid taking high levels of saturated fats in your diet.
- You would have to exercise for at least 30 minutes in a day and you have to do this on most of the days in a week.
- Eat a healthy food and balanced diet that is rich in nutrients. Add lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet and avoid eating too much of fatty foods.
- Keep your weight healthy. Check your BMI- Body Mass Index to know whether your weight is normal or not according to your body.
- Learn to deal with stress and depression. If you are not able to do so, consult a physician.
- Practice a good hygiene for a healthy life.
We believe that with the help of the above-mentioned tips, you can easily take care of the health of your heart.